Propedals Team Express
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Propedals Team Express

ProPedals Bike Shop

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

08/07/07 Englishtown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Locktwins
Admin

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2006-10-27

08/07/07 Englishtown Empty
PostSubject: 08/07/07 Englishtown   08/07/07 Englishtown EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 12:25 am

I missed this evenings assault on Englishtown. No need to worry, the Cat 4 team took care of business on their own. It was Stevie Wu and Joey D against Norwood, 3 - D , and some others for a total of 25 starters. This was the same crew that all raced together at the Lakewood Tuesday night series which we dominated ( three races, Chris Fritz went 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, Caleb got a 1st, Lockburner got a 3rd, and we had several other top tens with me and Otto. Did I miss anyone?).

I got this second hand from Steve, Joey jumped off the front early and stayed out there till the very end. Steve managed to mangle up the chase efforts by following any chasers and not pulling through and basically giving these guys a lesson in team riding and blocking. Unfortunately at the finish the group finally got it's act together and chased down Joe, picking him off in the finishing stretch.Good for them; this gave Steve a chance to finally show the sprinting form he had last season by blasting away to the win with Joey taking a 6th,7th, or 8th place. Steve's been getting a little better each week after a really nasty early season crash (understandably) slowed him down a bit. Looks like he's back in top form just when we need him for the state crit. And as for Joe, we've seen this act before. He likes to go early and has proven in the past he can stick it. What I'm really thrilled about is that two guys can essentially control a whole race against several teams with more riders. We are gonna have these other teams
seriously psyched out by the State Crit, we'll be loaded for bear with 10 -
12 guys on the line for the Cat 4. No such thing as a sure thing in racin';
there's a lot of strong guys out there that can steal the show, but we have
a legitimate shot at that jersey.

So great job guys! And as for Steve.......He's baaaaaaaack!

See ya'all Thursday or Saturday at Medford.
Back to top Go down
https://propedals.editboard.com

08/07/07 Englishtown
Page 1 of 1