Propedals Team Express
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Propedals Team Express

ProPedals Bike Shop

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

05/19/07 Union Grove

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Locktwins
Admin

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2006-10-27

05/19/07 Union Grove Empty
PostSubject: 05/19/07 Union Grove   05/19/07 Union Grove EmptySun May 27, 2007 9:12 pm

From Caleb

The course was ~4.6 milesx 5 laps There was one big downhill right after the line, one big uphill about half way through, and a two tiered climb to the finish. The first three laps were not really exciting. A bit of contact, but no crashes. The fourth lap the Shirks Racing team had guys in the 3 and 5 spot, I was 8. The 5-spot guy at one point just sat up immediately so that the 1-4 guys could get away, with one of his guys in the mix. Fortunately, they got about 2 seconds away and the number six guy "bridged up", which was nice, because I certainly didn't want to. I also didn't want to gamble that the breakaway wouldn't stick, so both problems were solved for me. From there on, I could tell that the Shirks guys were really trying to regroup, but I deliberately tried to keep them separated. Last lap, I was cheating up to the front and ended up a little too close to the front for comfort (2 spot) considering how far away we were (~600m). There was a little downhill section before the uphill finish, but I didn't want to sit up and wait for others so I decided to use the downhill momentum to carry me there in the big ring. I broke at 450m according to Google earth, and it was clean getaway. One guy almost got me, but when I heard James' yelling, I got a second wind and hammered it home. Thanks James.

Caleb
Back to top Go down
https://propedals.editboard.com

05/19/07 Union Grove
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Propedals Team Express :: Captain Eds Corner-
Jump to: